Shure Beta 87A Super Cardioid Condenser Vocal Microphone
Smooth frequency response with gradual presence rise
Supercardioid polar pattern provides superior gain-before-feedback
Electronic low-freq roll-off compensates for proximity effect
Advanced cartridge shock-mount system absorbs mechanical shocks and reduces handling noise
Built-in pop filter reduces undesirable wind and breath sounds
Premium quality supercardioid hand-held electret condenser vocal microphone with exceptionally smooth frequency response and high sound pressure level capability. Used for professional sound reinforcement, broadcasting, and studio recording applications, the Beta 87A combines superb performance with the ruggedness needed for touring and field production.
A controlled low-frequency roll-off compensates for proximity effect and prevents the “boomy” sound often associated with close pick-up. Tight supercardioid pattern, with null points at approximately 125 degrees, provides maximum isolation from other vocalists or instruments while offering minimal off-axis coloration. The Beta 87A operates on phantom power.
- Smooth frequency response with gradual presence rise
- Supercardioid polar pattern provides superior gain-before-feedback
- Electronic low-freq roll-off compensates for proximity effect
- Wide dynamic range (117 dB)
- Very low susceptibility to RFI and electromagnetic hum
- Advanced cartridge shock-mount system absorbs mechanical shocks and reduces handling noise
- Built-in pop filter reduces undesirable wind and breath sounds
- Cartridge Type : Condenser
- Frequency Response : 50 to 20,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern : Supercardioid
- Output Impedance : Rated at 150 ohms (100 ohms actual +/- 20%) Recommended minimum load impedance: 800 ohms
- Sensitivity (at 1,000 Hz) : Open Circuit Voltage -52.5 dBV/Pa (2 mV) (1 Pa = 94 dB SPL)
- Max SPL (at 1,000 Hz) : 140.5 dB (0.25% THD, 1000 ohm load)
- Dynamic Range : 117 dB (max SPL to A-weighted noise level)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio : 70.5 dB at 94 dB SPL (IEC 651)
- Power : Phantom Supply Requirement: 11 to 52 Vdc, positive at both pins 2 and 3 Current Drain: 1.0 to 1.2 mA
- Connector : Three-pin (XLR)
- Case : Aluminum with blue metallic finish and hardened steel grille with nickel satin chrome plating
- Weight : 207 grams
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other CCs Light & Sound Pty. Ltd. users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.