Presonus TubePre V2
A fully professional tube preamp, with a dual-servo (no capacitors) gain stage that lets you boost the program signal without significantly increasing the background noise. Discrete components and high-voltage operation offer dynamic range and detail not found in other single-channel tube preamps in its class.
The TubePre V2 employs PreSonus’ popular XMAX™ Class A solid-state preamp, which is followed in the signal path by a 12AX7 vacuum-tube stage. Twist the TubePre V2 Drive saturation control to add the “color” that only a hand-selected 12AX7 vacuum tube can deliver — from gentle warmth to total fuzz.
Housed in a rugged case, the TubePre V2 rear panel sports separate unbalanced, ¼” instrument and balanced, XLR mic inputs and unbalanced ¼” and balanced XLR line outputs. Including a high-pass filter, phantom power for condenser mics, polarity reverse switch, and a backlit VU meter.
The TubePre V2 also has separate instrument and mic inputs, to serve as a dynamite direct box (DI) for guitars and basses.
- XMAX™ Class A preamp input stage
- 12AX7 dual-servo vacuum tube output stage
- Input Gain control
- 48V phantom power
- 80 Hz high-pass filter
- -20 dB pad
- Instrument input select
- Polarity-reverse switch
- Backlit VU meter
- Clip LED
- Input/Output :
- 1 unbalanced ¼” instrument input
- 1 balanced XLR mic input
- 1 unbalanced ¼” line output
- 1 balanced XLR line output
- Compact 1/3U rack-mount chassis
- External 12 VDC, 1A power supply
- Mic Input :
- Connector Type : XLR, female, balanced
- EIN : -131 dB, 20 kHz BW, max gain, Rs=40 ohm, A-wtd -128 dB, 20 kHz BW, max gain, Rs=40 ohm, unwtd
- Frequency Response : 20 Hz – 20 kHz, -0.3 dB, +4 dBu, unity gain 5 Hz - 120 kHz, -3 dB, +4 dBu, unity gain
- THD+N : 0.01%, -10 dBu, 1 kHz, unity gain, 20 kHz BW, unwtd
- Dynamic Range : 115 dB, 1 kHz, unity gain, 20 kHz BW, A-wtd 107 dB, 1kHz, unity gain, 20 kHz BW, unwtd
- Input Impedance : 1.3 k ohm
- Phantom Power : +48 VDC, 10 mA
- Instrument Input :
- Connector Type : ¼” TS, female, unbalanced
- Input Impedance : 1 M ohm
- Analog Output :
- Connector Types : XLR, male, balanced ¼” TS, female, unbalanced
- Maximum Output : +20 dBu
- Output Impedance : 51 ohm
- Tube : 12AX7
- External Power Adapter : +12 VDC, 1A, center-pin positive
- Dimensions :
- 1/3U rack-mountable (screw-mount to standard rack tray, not included)
- Height : 44.45 mm x Depth : 139.7 mm x Width : 139.7 mm
- Weight : 2.27 kg
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other CCs Light & Sound Pty. Ltd. users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.