PreSonus SW5E AVB switch with Power over Ethernet (PoE)
The PreSonus SW5E is a five-port AVB switch for networking multiple StudioLive Series III consoles.
You can also link a StudioLive AI-series console and StudioLive RML rack mixer, using the rack mixer as a stagebox. Or connect a StudioLive RML rack mixer with a StudioLive CS18AI control surface. You can also use an SS5E to cascade a pair of StudioLive RML-series mixers into one large system via AVB networking.
A heavy-duty all-metal chassis and rugged etherCON connectors ensure reliable road-worthiness.
AVB, or Audio Video Bridging, is a set of IEEE standards that employ a local Ethernet network to transport audio signals in real-time. It maintains the full quality of encoded audio and video and supports nanosecond sync accuracy, regardless of network activity. AVB networks use standard Cat 5e or Cat 6 cables for connections, and multiple AVB devices can be connected via AVB switches like the PreSonus SW5E.
Using an Ethernet network in lieu of analog cables simplifies installation drastically — instead of running bulky audio cables all over a building, you can simply take advantage of the existing Ethernet infrastructure.
- 5-port AVB switch for second- and third-generation StudioLive gear
- 4 ports feature Power over Ethernet (PoE) for carrying electrical power over network cables
- Network multiple StudioLive Series III consoles
- Link a StudioLive AI-series console and StudioLive RML rack mixer, using the rack mixer as a stagebox
- Connect a StudioLive RML rack mixer with a StudioLive CS18AI control surface
- Cascade a pair of StudioLive RML-series mixers into one large system via AVB networking
- Heavy-duty all-metal chassis and rugged locking etherCON connectors ensure reliable road-worthiness
- Also compatible with non-PreSonus AVB-enabled gear
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other CCs Light & Sound Pty. Ltd. users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.